EFFECTIVE DATE: June 15, 2020
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services.
- Registration and Use of the Services. To create an account to use the Services, you must provide your name, email address, and your company name, and your investor status. Once you create your account, you may also provide your phone number, demographic information, and information about your company, investments and projects that you will monitor or share with other users through the Services.
If you purchase access to the services, we or our payment processor will collect your payment and billing information, such as your payment card information and billing address.
- Contacting Us. If you contact us through the Site, we will collect your name, email address, and your reason for contacting us. If you subscribe to our email list, we will collect your name and email address.
Information We Collect From Other Persons and Entities. Users of the Services may identify their team members and invite them to use and collaborate on the Services. When users add team members, we will collect the team members’ names and email addresses from our users.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites. You also may log into our Services through your Google account. To log into the Services using your Google account, you must enter your Google email address and password. By logging in through Google, you grant us access to your name, email address, and your Google account’s language preference and profile picture.
We store the information that we receive from Google with other information that we collect from you or receive about you. Any third-party social networking site, including Google, controls the information it collects from you. For information about how a social networking site may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public through your social networking account(s), please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Site and Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. The information we automatically collect includes your: domain name; your browser type and device’s operating system; the web pages you view and links you click on the Site and Services; your activities in the Site and Service, such as features you use and items you tag; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site or Services. We also may use tools that allow us to monitor how you navigate the Site and Services, such as how you move your cursor or where you enter text (without seeing the actual text you enter) to help us improve the Site and Services and to identify and diagnose bugs.
Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- Service Provisioning:
- To provide our Site an Services to you.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to provide personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while visiting the Site or using the Services.
- To send marketing emails about: (1) Our products and Services, including newsletters about Clockwork and our products and Services; and (2) the products and services of our affiliated companies.
- With respect to information collected on the Site only, to assist us in determining relevant advertising content and media.
- To evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- See also our targeted advertising section discussed below.
- Site and Product Improvement/Research:
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site and Services are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information to update or add new features to our Site and Services.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or customer satisfaction purposes.
- Legal Purposes:
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include companies who host our Site and Services and our payment processor.
- Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Clockwork Users. Your name, email address, user name and any information that you post to our Services, including, without limitation, your company’s business information that you post to the Services, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, Clockwork users that you choose to share such information with. If you make information public on the Services, it will be available to other users of the Services.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from and about you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help tool on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site and Services, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and app pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site and Services to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors and Services users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site and Services usage. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Cross-Device Use. We and our service providers, including Google, may use the information that we collect about you (whether directly from our Site, from our Services, through your device(s), or from a third party) to help us and our service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer, etc.). We may use the cross-device use and other information we learn about you to improve your experiences and to improve our Site and Services.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests.
Site visitors may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising online. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
User Generated Content
We invite you to post content on our Site and Services, including your comments, pictures, files, business information and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site or Services. If you post content to our Services, the information that you post will be available to Services’ users to whom you grant access. Or, if you make your postings public on the Services, your posting will be available to all registered users of the Services. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site and Services may contain links to non-affiliated websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those non-affiliated websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.
Security of Your Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password and devices by, among other things, signing off after using a shared device, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access To Your Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site and Services for a period of time.
Marketing Communications and Your Choices
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Site and Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site and Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and Services. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and Services.